Friday, December 15, 2006

Retreat '06

Christmas is coming in 10 days!
My favourite season of all!!

So I guess it was good that I went for this year's tri-varsity retreat, which really brought me back to God. It made me reflect on the year gone by, and gave me a 2nd chance to keep my promises to Him. Everytime I go for reconciliation, it's a 2nd chance to start anew, to break free from all my sins. I must have had a thousand 2nd chances already. Despite all my inadequacies, He still loves me and hopes that I return. And that's the best I could ever ask for.

During one of the sharings, someone gave a pretty good analogy which compared God's wisdom with Man's. Mummy gave her little boy sweets, which he liked very much. He liked them so much he ate them everyday. Mummy then decided to take it away because too many sweets are bad. What the little boy couldn't understand was why Mummy would take sth so good away from Him. That really made me see things more clearly.

This was a totally new experience because I was put into a group in which I hardly knew anyone. Was quite annoyed at first because I felt it wasn't fair..but things do happen for a reason. Thanks to one of my grpmates, who gave me much-needed encouragement during the whole 3 days.

Christmas mass and dinner with the catholic pple on tuesday! Just bought a dress today..feel quite excited now. I'm playing for mass too. Hope everything goes well :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home